1. To warn the Christian of the possibility of apostasy.
2. To teach the Christian how to avoid apostasy.
A. Hebrews 10:26-31
1. What audience is being addressed in Hebrews?(Christian or non-Christian)
2. What will happen to the Christian who deliberately
keeps on sinning?
B. Hebrews 3:12-14
1. Is it possible for a Christian to turn away from God?
2. What can be done to help prevent apostasy (define apostasy)?
3. Notice the use of the conditional word "if" in verse 14.
C. Psalm 119:9-11
1. How may a follower of God maintain his relationship with God?
2. According to verse 11, what helps prevent apostasy?
3. How can you hide the word of God in your heart?
D. James 4:7-10
1. What part does humility to God play in avoiding apostasy?
2. What should you do if you realize your heart is beginning to turn away from God?
Memory verse: Hebrews 10:26-27
Return to Follow-up Bible Studies