We typically study the following topics:
- Life of Jesus (readings in the Gospel of John)
- The Word
- Jesus’ Reaction to Sin (a study of the Cross)
- Our Reaction to Sin (How to Become a Christian)
- A Series of Follow-Up Bible Studies
This often helps orient a person to feel comfortable using Gods Word as a daily guide.
Over the last few years there are a few Bible reading tools that have been useful to me during my "Quiet Times".
- Daily Bible
- Daily Bible Reading Schedule
- The Message
A "quiet time" also involves letting God speak to us. "Be still and know that I am God" Psalms 46:10. That's probably my biggest challenge!
Be still. Listen to God. Pray. Be quiet and learn.