1. To help the Christian gain insight into the reality and purposes of heaven and hell.
2. To aid the Christian in understanding the nature of heaven and hell.
A. Matthew 25:31-46
1. What will take place when Jesus comes in his glory?
2. For whom is heaven prepared?
3. For whom is hell prepared?
4. What is meant by eternal punishment and life?
B. Matthew 5:21-22 / Matthew 18:6-9
1. What is a person in danger of if they hate others?
2. What do you learn about the nature of hell from Matthew 18?
C. Luke 16:19-31
1. What is the first request the rich man makes of Abraham?
2. What are Abraham's reasons for denying the request?
3. What do you learn about heaven and hell from this passage?
D. John 14:1-6 / I Thessalonians 4:17 / I Peter 1:3-5
1. Even though heaven is sometimes described as a place, the emphasis is centered on being with Jesus.
2. It is in heaven that we come into complete possession of our inheritance as Christians.
Memory verse: Matthew 25:46
Return to Follow-up Bible Studies