1. To help the Christian understand the nature of the judgment.
2. To motivate the Christian to holy living in view of the judgment.
A. I Thessalonians 4:13-5:11
1. Who are those who have fallen asleep?
2. How will the return of Christ come about?
3. When will the Lord return?
4. Why does Paul say that Christians should not be surprised when the day comes?
5. How is the return of Christ an encouragement for Christians?
6. What does Paul say about the Christian's lifestyle in view of the return of Christ?
7. Why would thoughts of Christ's return cause someone to experience fear rather than encouragement?
B. John 5:28-29 / John 12:48
1. Who will be resurrected?
2. What will happen at the resurrection?
3. By what standard will judgment be rendered?
C. I Corinthians 15:35-58
1. How will the resurrected body be different from the earthly body?
2. When will the dead be raised?
3. What kind of change will take place?
4. How is the resurrection a motivation for you to give yourself fully to the work of the Lord?
D. II Peter 3:1-18
1. What are the present heavens and earth being reserved for?
2. Why has Christ still not returned yet?
3. When will Christ return?
4. What will happen on the day of the Lord?
5. How is the judgment a motivation for holy living?
1. Memory verse: John 5:28-29
2. Suggested reading: Life Without End by Bob Hendren (SPC) .
Return to Follow-up Bible Studies