1. To motivate the Christian to service by the example of Jesus.
2. To explore with the Christian possible avenues for service.
A. Mark 10:45 / John 13:1-17 / I John 2:6
1. What did Jesus come to do?
2. Why do you think he came to serve us?
3. Explain why Jesus did what is recorded in John 13.
4. What was the key to Jesus' ability to serve?
5. How do you think Jesus felt when he washed Judas feet?
6. According to I John 2:6, what will we do if we live in Jesus?
7. How is Jesus' example a motivation for you?
B. Philippians 2:1-11
1. How should you view others?
2. Who are included in "others"'?
3. Why is it sometimes difficult to be humble?
C. Romans 12:13 / I Peter 4:9-11
1. Give some examples of how one may practice hospitality.
2. What gifts do you have to offer in service to others?
3. With what attitude should you serve?
D. Luke 17:7-10 / Colossians 3:23-24
1. When we have served, our attitude should be that we have only done our duty. No complaining; no expectation of reward.
2. Serve cheerfully, with all your heart! Realize that you are serving the Lord Christ, not men.
1. Memory verse: Mark 10:45
2. Complete Foundations.
3. Make a list of specific activities you could do to serve others.
4. Continue OT: Nahum-Malachi.
Return to Follow-up Bible Studies